The first professional brewers were all women and were known as brewsters while today beer is more associated with men. Beer is the world’s oldest and most widely consumed alcoholic beverage and the third most popular drink overall after water and tea. The consumption of beer dates back to 9500 BC and is recorded in the written history of ancient Iraq and ancient Egypt.
Some known and lesser known facts about beer:
1. There are around 400 varieties of beer available in the world.
2. Belgium has the most individual beer brands.
3. Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
4. Zythology is the study of beer and beer making, which also includes the role of all the ingredients in the brewing process.
5. The world’s oldest drinkable beer was discovered from an early 19th-century shipwreck between the coasts of Sweden and Finland in the Baltic Sea in 2010.
6. The world’s largest beer festival is Oktoberfest – a 16 to 18 day funfair held annually in Munich, Germany running from late September to the first weekend in October and sometimes till October 3 to mark the German Unity Day.
7. Beer’s hops are in the same family of flowering plants as marijuana.
8. In the middle ages, people preferred beer over water because alcohol content in the beer made it safer for consumption.
9. During the European Middle Ages, children also consumed beer as a source of energy and nutrients.
10. The world´s most expensive beer is Belgian’s “Vieille Bon Secours“.
New England Journal of Medicine, American Journal of Epidemiology, Tufts University, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, The Harvard School of Public Health, and the University of Montreal – have done study on consumption of beer in moderate quantity and made some observations. “Moderate” is the key word here and is dependent on age, gender, genetics and body type.
Health Benefits of Beer
1. Beer contains almost all of the minerals one needs to survive.
2. Moderate consumption of alcohol reduces the risk of heart attacks or death caused by cardiovascular diseases as raises the levels of HDL, the good cholesterol that prevents arteries from getting clogged.
3. Men and women who enjoyed moderate quantity of beer every day had higher bone density. It is rich in silicon that increases calcium deposits and minerals for bone tissue.
4. Beer contains a good amount of vitamin B12 and folic acid too.
5. Moderate consumption of Beer per day reduced their risk of developing type 2 Diabetes.
6. Moderate consumption reduced the risk of kidney stones in middle-aged men.
7. The consumption of moderate amount of beer improves memory, concentration and reasoning and also decreases the incidence of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
8. Moderate quantity of beer a day can reduce work-related stress or anxiety.
Beer from the tap
Microbrewery is a brewery which produces limited quantities of beer, typically for consumption on its own premises. Microbreweries are primarily known for their “specialty beers.” The term and trend originated in the United Kingdom in the late 1970s and it is a relatively a new concept in India, started around 2005. With growing disposable incomes and not so strict liquor law, microbreweries are flourishing well.
Microbreweries in Delhi NCR
Golf Course Road - DLF South Point Mall - 7 Degrees Brauhaus
Sector 43 - Global Foyer Mall – Manhattan Craft Brewery
Sector 43 - Global Foyer Mall – Striker Pub and Brewery
Sohna Road - Vatika Business Park – Open Tap
Sohna Road - ILD Trade Centre – Brewer Street
Sohna Road - Raheja Mall – Torgauer Brewpub
Cyber Hub - DLF Cyber City – Soi 7 Pub & Brewery
Sector 29 - Leisure Valley Road – Hops n Brew – The Microbrewery
Sector 29 - Leisure Valley Road – Downtown – Diners & Living Beer Cafe
Sector 15 - The Galaxy Hotel – Howzatt – The Galaxy Hotel
MG Road - MGF Mega City Mall - Vapour Pub & Brewery
Sector 12 - Parsavnath City Mall - Brew N Barrel
Tags: 7 Degree Brauhaus gurgaon, about beer, all about beer, beer, beer bars in Delhi, beer bars in Delhi NCR, beer bistro, beer brewing, beer cafes in Gurgaon, beer distributors Delhi, beer distributors India, beer fest, beer festival, beer Health Benefits, beer market, beer news, beer offers, beer restaurants Delhi, beer reviews, beer shop, beer store hours, beer taps, beer taps Delhi, beer taps gurgaon, beer taps NCR, beers, beers of the world, best beer, best beer in the world, best beers, best light beer, best Microbreweries in Delhi NCR, Brewer Street Gurgaon, brewing, brewing supplies, brewries in Delhi, calories in beer, cheap beer, Delhi beer cafe, Downtown - Diners & Living Beer Cafe Gurgaon, Downtown - Diners and Living Beer Cafe, draft beer, drinking beer, german beer, Health Benefits, history of beer, Hops n Brew - The Microbrewery, Hops n Brew The Microbrewery Gurgaon, Howzatt The Galaxy Hotel, Lesser Known Facts About Beer, Manhattan The Craft Brewery Gurgaon, MGF Mega City Mall Vapour Pub & Brewery, Microbreweries in Delhi NCR, Microbreweries in Faridabad, Microbrewries in Gurgaon, non alcoholic beer, oktoberfest beer, Open Tap - South City-2, pint of beer, Soi 7 Pub & Brewery, Soi 7 Pub & Brewery Gurgaon, srongest beer, Striker Pub & Brewery Gurgaon, Striker Pub and Brewery, the beer store, Torgauer Brew-Pub Gurgaon, Torgauer Brewpub, types of beer, Vapour MG Road Gurgaon, where to have beer Delhi, where to have beer in Delhi, world of beer
Use dips in an innovative way to give a delicious twist to snacks.
Naresh Guglani, corporate chef, Del Monte Foods, reveals how to prepare lip-smacking dips:
* Cocktail dip: Blend half and half of mayonnaise and tomato ketchup, throw-in handful of chopped jalapenos or coarsely crushed chili to taste. Pair it with hot cutlets, fish fingers or potato wedges.
* Aioli dip: Add crushed garlic and chopped fresh parsley to mayonnaise to make this dip. Enjoy this dip with fries, wedges or garlic bread.
* Coriander-mint chutney dip: Blend in a cup of homemade coriander-mint chutney with two cups of mayonnaise. Use it with kebabs and tikkas or simply as a spread in sandwiches, wraps and rolls.
* Tartare dip: Mayonnaise works very well as a base for other dips like tartare. Just add chopped gherkins, parsley and dash of lemon juice and its zest for a delicious version of your own tartare dip. Pair it with onion rings, fish fingers, chips and fries or cheese poppers.
More Do it Yourself Recipes:
Tags: Aioli dip DIY, Aioli dip do it yourself, all easy recipes, any simple recipe, best dips recipes, best hot dip recipes, best spinach dip recipe, best spinach dip recipes, chip dip recipes, Cocktail dip DIY, Cocktail dip do it yourself, Coriander-mint chutney dip recipe, cream cheese dip recipes, cream dip recipe, delicious dip recipes, dip recipe, dip recipes, dip recipes easy, dip recipes for parties, dips, DIY dips, DIY vegetarian dip recipe, Do it yourself DIY dips, Do it yourself DIY dips tangy, do it yourself vegetarian dip recipe, Do-it-yourself dips, healthy dip recipes, hot dip recipes, how to make Tartare dip, how to prepare dips for snacks, how to prepare Tartare dip, innovative dip recipes, innovative DIY dip recipes, innovative do it yourself dip recipes, mayonnaise dip DIY, mayonnaise dip do it yourself, mayonnaise dip recipes, mayonnaise dips, mexican dip recipes, snack recipe, sour cream dip recipes, spinach dip recipes, tangy Do it yourself dips, Tartare dip DIY, Tartare dip recipe, tasty Do it yourself dips, vegan dip recipe, vegetarian dip recipe
For long wanted to share this recipe of eggless Rainbow Cake with you. Yes, Yes…We know Christmas just got over but the merriment and the XMas cheer is still in the air. As a matter of fact, any celebrations would be incomplete without a delectable yummylicious cake! Correct?
So, Shipra Khanna helps you with a delectable recipe to help you nibble your way through family and friends gatherings. This easy to cook recipe will surely get your taste buds ticking.
Rainbow Cake INGREDIENTS:
3 cups flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
½ cup condensed milk
500 gms curd
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 ½ cups milk, room temperature
Red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple gel/liquid food coloring
Butter cream Ingredients
3 cups castor sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup shortening
3 ½ cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease six 8”round cake pans with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder keep aside.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Slowly add curd and vanilla mix until fully blended.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternatively, Mix until well combined
- Now, divide batter evenly between six medium bowls. Add enough of each color of food coloring to each bowl, whisking, until desired shade is reached. Transfer each color to an individual cake pan. Transfer to oven and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean, about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile make the butter cream: In a bowl, whisk together sugar and butter for about 3 minutes – 5minutes. Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat for 1 minute, adding more cream if needed for spreading .
- Using a knife, trim tops of cakes to make level. Place four strips of parchment paper around perimeter of a serving plate. Place the purple layer on the cake plate. Spread 1 cup buttercream filling over the first layer with a spatula evenly.
- Repeat process with blue, green, yellow, and orange layers
- Place the remaining red layer on top, bottom-side up.
- Using a spatula, cover the top and sides with a thin layer of frosting (also use any of the excess frosting visible between the layers). Refrigerate until set. Using a spatula, cover cake again with remaining frosting in between the layers and on top generously.
- Mix corn syrup and shortening together and once well blended add icing sugar and knead a dough.
- Roll the dough on a clean surface dusted with icing sugar and add the same 6 colors as the cake and cut thin strips of the color and paste it accordingly around the cake.
- Make fondant cubes with the left over fondant and spread it on the top of the cake.
- Slice and serve.
For the fondant on the sides:
- Go try it out and do let us know how it turned out to be.
About Shipra Khanna: Celebrated chef, Shipra Khanna, winner of MasterChef India Season 2 has been taken on board by Tourism Australia and Cox & Kings as their culinary patron. They have introduced a unique culinary experience on the food reality television series, MasterChef Travel accompanied by Shipra Khanna. ‘MasterChef Travel’, will focus on the signature food and wine experiences travelers can indulge their taste buds in when in Australia. The gastronomic tour will be promoted on television during the airing of the sixth season of MasterChef Australia, as well as on print media and radio.
Shipra has also opened her maiden restaurant- House of Taste in Ahmedabad as she believes that no one enjoys food as much as the people of Ahmedabad. She strives to cater to an array of taste craves with her delectable cooking and scrumptious recipes. She chose Ahmedabad over her hometown boggled by the love of food she witnessed among the people.
Her love affair with cooking however began at the age of nine. In 2012, she won the title of MasterChef India in season 2 of the series. Since then, Shipra’s romance with everything culinary has only grown: from travelling the world propagating Indian food, receiving privileged tutelage from Michelin star chefs like Atul Kochar and Alain Passard to writing her own cook book ‘Spice Route’ to hosting her own TV show – Pure Sin and K for Kids on channel Food Food . Shipra works out of Mumbai and is on a pan-India sojourn that she likes to call her re-discovery of India and the many regional culinary treasures.
Tags: Ahmedabad restaurants, baking recipes, Cake recipe, cake recipes by Shipra Khanna, Chef Shipra Khanna, Chef Shipra Khanna cake recipes, Chef Shipra Khanna recipes, Christmas Celebration events in Bangalore, Christmas Celebration in Bangalore, Christmas events in Bangalore, condensed milk cake recipe, easy baking recipes, easy Cake recipe, easy rainbow cake recipe, egg less rainbow cake recipe, Food & Dining events in Ahmedabad, glutenfree, healthy, healthy baking recipe, healthy recipes, hot & happening events in Ahmedabad, House of Taste in Ahmedabad, House of Taste restaurant Ahmedabad, how to bake a Cake, how to bake a rainbow cake, how to bake rainbow cake, how to make rainbow Cake, rainbow Cake, rainbow Cake ingredients, rainbow cake mix, Rainbow Cake Recipe, rainbow cake recipe eggless, rainbow cake recipe from scratch, rainbow cake recipe step by step, rainbow cake recipe video, rainbow Cake recipes, rainbow cupcake recipe, rainbow sponge cake recipe, restaurants in ahmadabad, restaurants in Ahmedabad, veg eggless eggless